Sunday, 15 May 2011

Comparing Mermaids

Today's post is my first comparison.
I have mentioned previously how much I love "mermaid" colours - shimmering turquoise/aqua polishes.
 
I thought it could be interesting to look at a few such colours side by side.
 
 
 
The colours I have swatched are Catch Me in Your Net by OPI, Peacock by 17, Dumped by Sally Girl and Austin-tatious Turquoise by OPI.
 
Catch Me in Your Net goes on beautifully. I love the application, and most of all the colour! This is one of my favourites of my stash, and I only have the teensy tinsy bottle of this limited edition :(
I have searched the trusty Google and found that some clever girls (All Lacquered Up, Scrangie) have discovered a dupe for this beauty - Zoya Charla. I will make it mine!
 
Peacock has been previously swatched here. It's a pretty true turquoise in my opinion. Three coats is perfect for this one.
 
Dumped by Sally Girl is another mini. I hesitated using it, as I'm not sure if it's cruelty free. Can anyone enlighten me? I was given this by a friend who bought it to wear once with an outfit. The formula is really nice, it looks ok after two coats but three is better. This is the bluest out of the four.
 
Austin-tatious Turquoise by OPI has also been swatched - click here to see the full mani. This polish is the greenest out of the four. And the worst by far application wise. As you can see three coats is not nearly enough. It's sheer and streaky. Thumbs down for formula, but the colour is quite nice. My least favourite out of them all.

Two Coats
 
 
Three Coats
 
 
Three Coats
 
 
Do you like comparison posts? Would you like to see more?
If you have any opinions or requests for comparisons please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment