Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Comparing Taupes

Time for another comparison! This time around I have picked four taupe polishes to compare.
I love this type of colour, and even though they are a bit "last year", I still find myself drawn to them.
 
 

 
From left to right the polishes are: Barry M Mushroom, ELF Smoky Brown, OPI Over The Taupe and OPI You Don't Know Jacques.
 
 
One coat

 
Two coats

 
Three coats


Three coats, indirect sunlight
 
 
Three coats, artificial light.

All polishes are applied with one layer of base coat and no top coat.
 
Mushroom has a fantastic formula. As you can see from the pictures it's pretty much opaque in one coat, and it's really nice and glossy. Have I mentioned before how much I love Barry M?
This shade is the most yellow out of the four, it almost looks a bit like mud, or chocolate.
 
Smoky Brown is very close to Over The Taupe colour wise. I would almost say that the application is easier with this ELF polish than the OPI. It has by far the least appealing finish, but a top coat would take care of that. This is perhaps the truest "brown" out of the four.
 
Over The Taupe was one of those polishes that when I saw it swatched I had to have it. I love the colour, but the application isn't great. This polish is the reason I decided on three coats for the comparison, as it was still pretty streaky after two. This polish leans a little towards pink.
 
You Don't Know Jacques is the darkest out of them all, and the coolest toned. It almost leans a bit purple. It's the second easiest to apply alongside Mushroom. I like this polish a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment