Thursday, 16 June 2011

China Glaze ~ Zombie Zest and an Experiment!

As you may know I'm away on holiday tomorrow, and as promised I will do a little test while away!
I have chosen China Glaze's Zombie Zest for my going away mani, and since this polish is friggen awesome I want it to last as long as possible for once!
So, what I have decided to do is test out two different popular base coats, and see if they have any impact on how long the polish will last!
 
 
 
 
 
 
These are the two contenders in this little test - Nail Tek Foundation II and China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat.
I have made a proper zombie sandwich on my nails!
I started with one coat of base coat, starting with China Glaze on my left thumb, and doing alternate nails on both hands (so my right hand's thumb has Nail Tek).
Then I painted two coats of Zombie Zest, one coat of Seche Vite, one coat of Zombie Zest, and finally one coat of Seche Vite.
There was no difference in application over the two base coats. Nail Tek dries very matte, whereas the China Glaze is more like a "normal" base coat, but both of them gripped the polish well, and they both dried nice and quick.
 
The plan is to photograph my nails each day I wear this manicure, and see if there is any discernible difference in the wear.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment