Saturday, 6 August 2011

Gradient Glitter Tape Design

Today's design is inspired by a lot of other designs I have seen online, but it's not an exact copy of a single idea (at least not to my knowledge!). I would still like to give credit to all of you lovelies who are so creative with your tape manicures for the inspiration :)
 
I put together a little step by step in case you want to give this a go (although there are better tape tutorials out there!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Step-by-Step
 
  • I started off with a coat of yellow (I used Nina Ultra Pro Like Butta) [1], and then added a band of orange (OPI Flit A Bit) in the middle, pink on the tip (Barry M Pink Flamingo) and more yellow at the bottom [2].
  • Then I went over with two glitter polishes - from the bottom up I used China Glaze Lighthouse, and from the top down I used Nina Ultra Pro Opal Elegance [3]. I covered my nails with Seche Vite after this, as they needed to be dry for the next step.
  • I cut out thin strips of sello tape, and put these randomly over my nails, and finally I painted over everything with black (Nina Ultra Pro Black) and removed the tape. Done!

 

 

 
 
Please excuse the colour difference in these last pictures! The first three were taken as I was painting, and since I have limited space I couldn't set my light up properly. The final picture is the most colour accurate, and you can see the pink in particular looks very different!
 

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I love the gradient effect and the combination of colors! So gorgeous! :D

    ReplyDelete