Tuesday, 10 April 2012

ELF ~ Fushia {Swatches and Review}

I have shown ELF polishes a few times since I started my blog, and I remain on the fence about them. From my experience ELF Fushia (and yes, that’s how ELF spells it) sums up the pros and cons of the brand pretty well for me.

As I see it (after trying the grand total of 6 polishes mind you) ELF can be summed up in the following way:

Pros

  • Inexpensive initial purchase (£1.50 currently in the UK, and I believe $2 in the US). For this you get 10 ml
  • Cruelty Free and Vegan
  • A decent range of colours
  • Good application that generally seems to cover in two coats (“tricky” colours like white excepted)

Cons

  • Ridiculously bad brushes
  • Dull and unappealing finish, that can easily be remedied with a top coat though
  • Poor wear (I could see tip-wear within 24 hours for most of the ones I tried)

Their mattifying top coat deserves a special mention, as I think it’s absolutely great! I see no need to pay more for one to be honest, since ELF’s works so beautifully.

Now, on to the polish pictures!