Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Matte Blue Glitter ‘Dramatic’ French

I think I first saw the “dramatic” French on Tartofraises beautiful nails, and I have been wanting to try one ever since. I doubted I could recreate the manicured perfection needed for a classic French, so I opted for a “funkier” (read: more forgiving) variant.

For those of you who are wondering what’s so very dramatic about this particular French, it’s simply that the sides go a lot further down than your classic straight or gently curved smile line. So it’s kind of a super smiley French! That should make anyone happy. For a step-by-step scroll on through to the end of the post. But first – way too many photos!

 

 

 

 

 

 

And for comparison, here is one picture of the manicure before I mattified it. I would love to hear in the comments which version you prefer! I’m hooked on mattifying glitters :)

 

 

Step-by-Step

  1. First up is the opaque nude base (Nina Ultra Pro French Pink)
  2. Then I mixed up a blue-grey shade of acrylics (artists paints) and painted on the French shape with a small nail art brush
  3. I went over the shape with a blue glitter polish (China Glaze Dorothy Who?)
  4. Then it was time to seal everything with a top coat
  5. Finally I added a layer of matte top coat (ELF Matte Finisher)