Thursday, 19 July 2012

I’m baaaack!

And boy, does it ever feel good!

I have now spent what feels like an eternity selling, donating, throwing out, packing up, travelling, living without furniture (two weeks peeps, two weeks!), putting together the finest IKEA furniture, unpacking and cleaning. Phew!

As much as I love love love our new flat (complete with FURNITURE!) my nails are probably the saddest they have ever been.

But fear not, as of today, in celebration of being the proprietor of a brand new (massive!) desk, project “get nails happy and pretty again” shall commence.

And since I am both a little bit nice and a little bit cruel, I invite you to come along with me on this journey. That’s right, I will show you the state of my poor little fingers as they are, naked, sad and terribly neglected, and hopefully document their journey to some semblance of human nails. Or at least nails that won’t look like your boyfriend’s.

So, now I have warned you that there will be pictures. And have no doubt, they will scare you. Hopefully not so much you can’t sleep, but if that should happen, please don’t sue me.

To start off I will show you my new work space. Ahhhh. So big. So BEGGING to be used for nail painting and blogging, don’t you agree?

 

 

And now, ladies and gentlemen. There will be dryness. There will be peeling. There will be hangnails. There will be unevenness. There will be overgrown and torn cuticles. Are you ready?

 

 

 

Almost worse than my Zombie Hands! Now that that’s over, it’s time to get these babies in shape again! I plan on showing you how I go about doing a manicure, painting my nails and so on. If there is anything in particular you want me to touch on in a tutorial please let me know in the comments or an email.