Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Rainbow Mylar Flake Tips

When I saw the cute little jars of Iced Mylar Sheets in the Born Pretty Store, I was very excited to try them out. I think they look just awesome!

I decided to just have fun with them, and opted for a rainbow skittle mani. Starting with my thumb, the polishes are Barry M Lemon IceCream, Kleancolor Pastel Pink, Barry M Pale Purple, Barry M Pale Blue and Nina Ultra Pro Leaf Me Alone.

I brushed my tips with The Best Glue Ever and used a pair of precision nib tweezers to place the flakes. Now, this was fairly tricky, but the end result is fun I think :) I think you would get the best result with these if you encapsulate them in acrylic when building a false nail. It makes me wish I knew how to!

 

 

 

 

 

If you buy these from Born Pretty Store, you get 12 little pots of Mylar flakes for $6.48, with free international shipping.

If you use my code below you will get 10% off as well :)

 

 

~ The product(s) in this post was provided for review purposes. ~